Since starting this blog, I’ve been amazed at the feedback I’ve received. It has been overwhelmingly positive, and I really couldn’t ask for more support than I’ve already been given. I always wanted to write a blog but I never had anything that motivated me to actually do it. I didn’t think I had anything relevant or new to say. And, really, nothing that I’ve written here so far has been new. There are millions of women worldwide who have been in my position, who have felt what I’m feeling, and who have spoken openly and passionately about it. But for once, I felt like I had something that I NEEDED to talk about. I simply couldn’t hold it in, and it has become a way for me to remember and honor my daughter.
So when I received a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award…well, it humbled and moved me. I’ve read so many inspiring things lately, and it’s impossible to imagine that someone might have possibly felt that reading my blog. Thank you Mimi from www.prisonerinmyownbody.com for nominating me. I appreciate not only the recognition, but also your words of encouragement and sympathy.
I’m supposed to include seven things about myself. I consider myself a fairly boring person, so I’ll do my best to make it interesting:
1) When I go shopping, I’m immediately drawn to the most expensive item in the entire store, no matter what kind of store I’m in, even when the prices aren’t displayed.
2) I’m an only child and I never wanted kids of my own. (Now, I’m a stay at home mom and all I want is more babies!)
3) I love the beach but hate the sand.
4) When I’m feeling sad all I want to do is drive somewhere far away with the windows down and the radio blaring.
5) I haven’t painted my own toenails since I got pregnant with our son (three years ago!)
6) Mine and Danny’s first kiss was the product of a bet (which he lost!)
7) I learned how to drive a stick shift when I was ten (don’t judge my parents! I grew up in the sticks – that’s just what we did )
Per the rules for the award, I’m also supposed to nominate other blogs. For this, I need a little more time. There are so many deserving blogs out there, so I’m going to take just a bit more time to make my choice. For now, I want to say thank you again for the recognition. Just knowing that people read is enough; to receive feedback is encouraging; and to have such a positive response is absolutely gratifying.